Who we are
Dropit is an end-to-end hands-free shopping platform for malls and central shopping districts. By using our service, shoppers no longer need to carry their bags, allowing them to enjoy their day handsfree.
We integrate multiple technology platforms to create a seamless network between consumers, retailers, shopping malls and logistics companies
What we're looking for
We're looking for a brilliant, hardworking, and super motivated BackEnd developer to lead our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to have a direct impact on feature decisions and the future of our product.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Back-End engineers. Create an environment for BE engineers to continually reach new heights within their career
- Responsible for execution of SDLC processes to include sprint pre-planning/planning, retros, demos, architecture and code reviews
- Continually retrospect and drive innovation within the back-end development process to ensure our software engineers execute at the highest possible level
- Deliver on time and be accountable to your team and stakeholders
- Hire, onboard, develop and manage Back-End engineers
- Tech Debt management
- Share knowledge and feedback across teams and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with an emphasis on Back-End development.
- 2+ years of experience building and leading software engineering teams working on multiple complex systems.
- Experience with low latency, highly reliable systems at scale.
- Expertise building and owning services and APIs-data modeling, unit and integration testing, and continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Create code that is understandable, testable, and shared across teams.
- In-depth experience of writing unit, acceptance, performance tests and test-driven development.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Experienced using technologies in several of the following areas: Microservices, event sourcing, various IPC models, Kotlin, Java, Spring, Guice, cloud-based deployments.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Ability to work with remote stakeholders and tight-knit partners.